Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Black Arrow

I read this book for Mother of Divine Grace and, as is usual with their suggestions, I enjoyed it very much!  The book was the story of Richard (Dick) Shelton, a young man who is the ward of Sir Daniel Brackley.  As time goes on, Dick begins to wonder who was really his father's murderer.  Eventually, he gets into a group of outlaws whose leader was a friend of Dick's father and begins, with their help, to formulate a plan to save Joanna Sedley, the girl to whom he has been promised in marriage.  Of course, with so many dilemmas the rest of the book is very exciting and interesting, but to tell much more would be to give away more of the plot than I would like.  So, I encourage you to read the Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm not sure what happened there...